Madrona's Outing to NWTrek
<< Trip Reports click to return to the list of our trips.
- Madrona Elementary
- Saturday, February 8, 2020
- Trip Types:
- Bird Watching, Farm Visit
- Leaders will meet at 8:15am at Cupcake Royale and prep for students coming at 8:45am. We will head out from Madrona at 9am and arrive at NWTrek at 10:30am. When we are there we will walk around the self led hike and explore the trail, seeing animals as we pass them. We will take a tram ride and learn about the animals from an expert.
- We had a great trip to NWTrek! We headed off from Madrona at 9:15am and drove down to NWTrek. By the time we got down there it was almost 11 and we signed up for a Tram ride at 11:50. We decided that it may be wise to have lunch first so we can catch the tram and not go hungry during the ride. The picnic area was right beside the play ground so it was great that the kids could eat and then play. The Tram ride was definitely the highlight as we got to drive by Bison, Elk and Mountain Goats. We then walked the hiking path and got to watch the feeder for the Bobcats and Lynx exhibitions. We headed back towards the car around 2:30 and got back to school at 4pm.
- On weekends in Feb, NWTrek has a "Wild Child" deal which is $25 for an adult and two kids. This helped with costs a lot! The playground is huge and was a hit with the kids. It is great to have lunch and hot chocolate in the shelter by the playground so that the kids can play after they eat.