Make a Dream Come True: Sponsor an Outing
Your tax-deductible financial contribution to Seattle Inspiring Connections Outdoors helps make life-enriching experiences for underprivileged Seattle area kids a reality. You can donate to Seattle ICO either via the Sierra Club Foundation's secure on-line web site (powered by Convio):
Or you can also donate by mail. Please mail your contribution to our Treasurer:
c/o Naomi Joy
16811 112th Place NE
Bothell, WA 98011
If donating by mail, to make the donation tax-deductible write your check out to the "Sierra Club Foundation". Reference that your donation supports Seattle ICO in the notes. If you don't itemize your donations, you can make your check out directly to "Seattle ICO".
For more information or to meet with someone in person, please Contact Us.
Here's how your gift will help us bring more urban youth to the wilderness:
- $25 will pay for one essentials bag, which includes a first aid kit.
- $75 pays for one van rental to take 5 students, a youth leaders and an adult driver safely to and from their adventure for the day.
- $125 will enable us to buy six headlamps for camping trips, or ten pairs of good wool socks to keep our kids' feet dry, or 8 fleece hats for trips to the snow.
- $250 pays for three pairs of good quality, kid sized, hiking boots for the gear locker. (On the average weekend, about 40 pairs of boots are used on outings, sometimes more)
- $375 pays for a snowshoe day trip to Snoqualmie Pass for 15 elementary school youth and 5 adults. Includes snowshoe rentals, lunch and snacks, and transportation.
- $525 pays for an overnight trip to Orcas Island for 15 middle school youth and five adults. Includes food, rental van, and ferry fee.
- $750 pays for a rafting trip along with Sauk River for 18 people including lunch, snacks and transportation for all.
- $1,000 pays for 15 youth and 5 adult chaperones to take a two-night outing to Fort Canby Park on the Washington Coast. Your donation covers two van rentals, gas, food for six meals, snacks, and campground fees.